Tucson, Arizona Defensive Driving School Class
Tucson Speeding Ticket Fine Cost vs Defensive Driving
Arizona City and Justice Court Traffic Ticket Diversion Attendance Program
*The defensive driving option WILL save you money!
You have not attended a Tucson speeding or traffic ticket diversion school or a certified defensive driving program
for an eligible Tucson court speeding ticket or traffic citation issued within the past 12 months, you should be eligible.
Your eligibility to attend a certified defensive driving Course is based on the date of your current violation not on the date you last attended a defensive driving Course.
If eligible, you can attend to have only one violation dismissed.
If you were involved in a serious injury accident or fatal accident, you are not eligible.
If you hold a commercial driver’s license you are not eligible for the defensive driving diversion program, regardless of whether or not you were driving commercially at the time of the violation. In addition, those driving a commercial vehicle requiring a commercial driver’s license are also not eligible. The only exceptions to this rule are: 1.) if the violation occurred before the driver held CDL status or 2.) if the violation occurred after the driver surrendered his or her CDL status. For further information, view A.R.S. 28-3392.
- You must complete your course no later than 7 days prior to your court date.
- You may take the class in person or online. If you were specifically ordered by a judge to attend the ddc course in person, you must register for a class room course.
Arizona Speeding Traffic Ticket Diversion Attendance Program Schools- Traffic Ticket Course- You also get a certificate for you insurance discount.
*Tucson Speeding Ticket Fine Cost:
Average City and Justice Court Fees and Fines
10-14 mph $250 $203.95 – $265.95+ 15-19 m.p.h. $300+ 20+ mph 0-$450+
Defensive Driving Option Cost:
Defensive Driving Course Fee plus Arizona State Fee: $20, State Surcharge: $45
Court Cost May Apply
The defensive driving option WILL save you money!
Tucson Arizona Traffic Citation or Speeding Ticket Diversion Attendance Program Class
- Do NOT ignore your traffic citation. Your license will be suspended or a warrant could be issued if you fail to properly respond to your citation.
- Important to consider before opting for driving school: a violation of (ARS 28-702.01A) carries no points and is not reportable to MVD. The civil penalty is $61.00.
- If you were cited for more than one violation you can only go to school for one eligible violation. For all other violations you will be required to choose one of the other options listed in the Speeding and TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS > CIVIL TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS section.
- When you request a hearing (trial) you give up the option of attending defensive driving school.
- Residents of other states must register for out-of-state attendance through a State certified school listed.